Dr. Ka Man WONG (黃嘉文)
BEng CE, PhD, CityU HK
Senior Engineer (Sep 2014 - ), Tencent
Engineer (Feb 2012 - Sep 2014), Tencent
Senior Research Assistant (Jul - Dec 2011)
Department of Electronic Engineering
City University of Hong Kong
- HEVC Codec Development and Optimization
- Audio and Video Fingerprint System
- Pattern Recognition
- Face Recognition
- Network Protocols
- ARM Optimization of Video Codecs
- Minor Grade Promotion in Senior Engineer, 1st Half 2015
- High Performace Employee Award (4/5 stars), 1st Half 2015
- Promoted to Senior Engineer, 1st Half 2014
- Bset Performace Employee Award (5/5 stars), 1st Half 2014
- One International Patent Application
- Five China Patent Applications
- Four Tencent Innovation Awards
- Doctor of Philosophy, City University of Hong Kong, August 2011
|Achievements in PhD study (2007-2011)|
- Five international journal publications
- Seven international conference publications
- Two US/China patent applications
- Two proposals for international standard
- One co-op project with Hong Kong Applied Science & Technology Research Institute (ASTRI)
|Selected Publications (Since 2009)|
- K. M. Wong, "Motion Compensated and Disparity Compensated Prediction Techniques for Video Coding," PhD Thesis, City University of Hong Kong, Aug. 2011. [PDF]
- K. M. Wong, L. M. Po, K. W. Cheung, and K. H. Ng, "Horizontal Scaling and Shearing based Disparity Compensated Prediction for Stereo Video Coding," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT), Vol.22, No. 10, pp. 1457-1470, Oct. 2012.
- L. M. Po, K. M. Wong, K. W. Cheung, and K. H. Ng, "Subsampled Block-Matching for Zoom Motion Compensated Prediction," IEEE TCSVT, Vol. 20, No. 11, pp. 1625-1637, Nov. 2010.
- K. H. Ng, L. M. Po, K. M. Wong, C. W. Ting, and K. W. Cheung, "A Search Patterns Switching Algorithm for Block Motion Estimation," IEEE TCSVT, Vol. 19, No. 5, May 2009.
- K. M. Wong, L. M. Po, and K. W. Cheung, "Stretching, Compression and Shearing Disparity Compensated Prediction techniques for Stereo and Multiview Video Coding,"
Proc. of IEEE ICASSP2011, pp. 841-844, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2011.
- K. M. Wong, L. M. Po, K. W. Cheung, and K. H. Ng, "Block-Matching Translation and Zoom Motion-Compensated Prediction by Sub-Sampling,"
Proc. of IEEE ICIP2009, pp. 1597-1600, Cairo, Egypt, Nov. 2009.
- K. M. Wong, L. M. Po, and K. W. Cheung, "Block-Matching Translation and Zoom Motion-Compensated Prediction,"
Proc. of ICME2009, pp. 33-36, New York, USA, Jun. 2009.
- JiaWen Huang, "Audio and video synchronization method, device and system ," PCT Patent Application(WO2015058610), China Patent Application (CN104581202), Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited, Sep. 2014.
- L. M. Po, K. M. Wong, K. W. Cheung, K. H. Ng, and Y. Liu, "Method and apparatus for multiview video coding," U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Application (US12/943,021)/China Patent Application, Patent Pending, Hong Kong Applied Science & Technology Research Institute, Nov. 2010.
- L. M. Po, K. M. Wong, K. W. Cheung, K. H. Ng, and Yu Liu, "Method and Apparatus for Zoom Motion Estimation," U.S. Patent (US8170110), May 1, 2012. / China Patent(CN101765011), Jan 4, 2012, Hong Kong Applied Science & Technology Research Institute, Oct. 2009.
Proposals for international standards
- L. M. Po, K. M. Wong, K. H. Ng, K. W. Cheung, C. W. Ting, Y. Liu, K. M. Cheng, and Y. Huo, "Motion Compensated Prediction by Subsampled Block Matching for Zoom Motion Contents," Joint Proposal by City University of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Applied Science & Technology Research Institute, MPEG M17163, Video Proposal, 91st MPEG Meeting, Kyoto, Japan, Jan. 2010.
* Full publication list can be found at:
* My MPhil home page:
Reading, writing, and speaking in Chinese and English
Last updated on 19-DEC-2015